- Unite Price: $59
- Quantity: 2
Benziger News & Videos
Fire Up The Grill!
We are here to help you knock it out of the park at your next Summer cookout. Check out two of our favorite big reds that would go great with nearly anything off the grill- Etta’s Blend and Upper Ridge Malbec. Both would be great with this Flat Iron Steak recipe. Master the grill this Summer with this great recipe + wine pairing!
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Coffee and Cocoa Nib Rub
Preparation Time: 5 hours
- 3 lbs, Cleaned and Seamed Flat Iron Steak (will also work with London Broil)
- ⅓ cup, Cocoa Nibs
- ¼ cup, Dark Roast Coffee
- ½ cup, Ancho Chili Powder or Regular Chili Powder Blend
- 2 Tablespoon, Salt
- 2 Tablespoon, Granulated Onion
- 1 Tablespoon, Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon, Herbs de Provence
- 1 Tablespoon, Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoon, Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon, Dry Mustard
- 2 Tablespoon, Neutral Vegetable Oil
- Combine cocoa nibs and dark roast coffee in spice grinder and process until finely ground.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Coat steak with the oil.
- Rub spice mixture liberally all over the meat and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-hot.
- Remove steak from plastic wrap.
- Cook steak on the grill until 130-135○ internal temperature registers on an instant-read thermometer (approximately 4-5 minutes on each side).
- Transfer the steak to a dish and loosely cover with foil. Let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Slice thinly on the bias and serve.